I hope you had fun at this weekend’s basketball games, and I hope you didn’t party too hard *cough* Amy *cough* because this week is spirit week! So here’s the lineup of this week’s events.
Tuesday, January 27th
- Woodwind sectional 7:00 pm green room. This week, it’s the woodwinds’ turn to get a little extra practice before rehearsal.
- Rehearsal 7:45 pm. We will be rehearsing for all the awesome spirit week events that we’re going to have
Wednesday, January 28th
- Kazoo Day at Geisel Library. If you have a little bit of time between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm, come out to the library and help us play the fight song on kazoos! (free kazoos will be distributed, so you do not have to bring your own)
- Union Bank Performance. It’s official: we sold out (to a bank). We’re playing at the grand opening of the new Union Bank in La Jolla Village Square. Closet call time is 4:30 pm. If you live on campus you can take the 201 bus and get off at the Ralphs stop. Otherwise meet at the loading dock at 5:00 pm if you want to get a ride. We will start warming up at 5:30 pm, so make sure you’re there on time!
Friday, January 30th
- Spirit night basketball games! This is one of the most attended sporting events of the school year, and it’s also one of our theme nights! Our traditional supa supa Hawaiian theme will continue this year! So dress up with grass skirts, leis, and whatever else seems Hawaiian and come out to the basketball games. This time call time will be a little earlier, 4:45 pm, for everyone to help decorate our area with a bunch of stuff!
- Also, keep an eye out from Amy about our alumni meet and greet!
Saturday, January 31st
- Alumni Beach Barbecue at La Jolla Shores. If you don’t get a chance to meet our fantastic alumni on Saturday night, come out and meet then at the beach barbecue. There will also be food and games! This event will begin at 1:00 pm. If you need rides, meet at Sun God Lawn by 12:30 pm
- We also have a basketball double header! Closet call time is 5:00 pm for the women’s game and 7:00 pm for the men’s game. If you go to the beach, we will have rides back for you! Please come out and support our teams
That’s it for the events. If you guys have any questions or concerns, please contact an officer or your section leaders. Here is the link to the attendance survey:
Please make sure you fill it out, it really helps us a lot. I hope to see all of you guys this week!
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/pepband-event-l and enter your address in the “Unsubscribe or edit options” field.
Failing that, e-mail the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you guys had a great first week, and hopefully school hasn’t gotten too hard yet. (it’s only week 2) This week is a little different from all our other weeks so PLEASE
pay attention to this week’s changes.
WEDNESDAY, January 14th
- REHEARSAL. (ZOmg, rehearsal on Wednesday). Due to some scheduling conflicts, we’ll be having rehearsal this week on Wednesday. It’ll be at the green room at 8:00 pm. We’re scheduled right after another meeting, so if you arrive early please wait to go in, or check it out and make sure no one is in there. A reminder will also be posted on the Facebook page and website.
Friday, January 16th
- Hockey! Have some steam built up even though it’s only week 2? Get ready to let it all out at the hockey game! >:D Please meet at the closet at 7:45 pm. We will be leaving at 8:20 pm sharp. If you think you’re going to be late, text one of the officers so that we can leave a car behind. (these spots are limited)
Sunday, January 18th
- MLK Parade. We have yet to receive all of the concrete details, but keep checking your emails. Your PR Manager, Natalie, will send out an email with details on pick-up/drop-off locations as well as addresses for those of you who want to drive on your own.
That’s it for this week! Please keep a lookout for any extra/special announcements on the Facebook group page. If you’re not a part of that page, contact one of the officers. We’ll add you to it.
It’s time to celebrate that one great dude who had a dream. The annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade is Sunday, Jan 18, so come out and march with us!
CLOSET TIME: 11 am @ Closet
CALL-TIME: 11:30 am @ Sungod Lawn
PARADE START TIME: 2pm along Harbor Drive, Embarcadero (downtown SD)
UCSD is providing us with free transportation, so meet up on Sungod lawn if you plan on using that. If, for some reason, you are taking your own transportation, more info on directions/parking can be found here: http://mlkday.ucsd.edu/?p=parade
In any case, be sure to get to the parade lineup at 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA, 92101
. Find the blue/yellow balloons, and we’ll be there.
We’ll be getting back in late afternoon, dropped off at Sungod lawn. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you there!
Hello UCSD Pepband!
I hope you guys had a great break, but now it’s time to get back to business. Before I continue with this week’s events, I wanted to announce the new thing that we’re doing to celebrate you guys. As some of you may know, we have an instagram and twitter (follow us @UCSDpepband) and we’re gonna be recognizing some of you on there! If you don’t want to be featured, please contact our assistant manager, Amy Pan. Now onto the events!
Tuesday, January 6th
- Triton Jam. We’ll be getting introduced to our basketball teams, getting free food, and maybe win prizes? Anywho, call time is 7:00 pm at the closet.
Friday and Saturday, January 9th and 10th
- Basketball double header. Most of our events from here on out will be double headers - two basketball games back to back. The women’s game will be first and call time is 5:30 pm; the men’s game call time is 7:30 pm. Try to make it out to as many of the games as possible!
To reiterate, we will not be having rehearsal on Tuesday, just Triton Jam!
See you guys soon!
Just as a reminder, we do not have rehearsal this week! (or any other playing events for that matter)
Instead we have a White Elephant gift exchange tomorrow when we would normally have rehearsal. If you come, make sure you bring a gift of $10 or less. There is a Facebook post with more information about what a white elephant gift is, but if you still don’t understand, here’s a youtube video that explains the process:
Good luck with finals, happy holidays, and I hope to see you this week!
I hope you enjoyed your long weekend with friends and family, but now it’s time to finish off the Fall Quarter strong!
Tuesday, December 2nd
- Rehearsal. So this week we’re gonna try something a little different. We will be bringing in all the songs that have recently been arranged and we will be playing through all of them and deciding whether or not we want them in the book! (it’s a group vote) This is why you bring water. (or milk?) So rehearsal will be starting right at 7:45 pm. Make sure you’re there!
Friday, December 5th
- Holiday Dinner. As is tradition, we will be hosting our annual Holiday Dinner party on Friday night. Amy sent out an email with all the details (So I hope you got it!). Make sure you guys are all dressed up and ready to take loads of pictures. Also make sure that you bring something to share.
Saturday, December 6th
- Water polo. This year our school was chosen to host the NCAA Championship and because of how good our men’s team is, we are also competing in it! So we have been asked by athletics to bring the spirit! Our first game is against UCLA on Saturday at 1:00 pm. If you need stuff from the closet, please be there at 12:00 pm, other wise meet at the pool at 12:30 pm. If you guys aren’t there by call time then we can’t guarantee you an entrance. This is mostly because it is going to be an extremely crowded game. We are also limited to how many people can get in, so please fill out the RSVP form so that we can make sure to save you a seat!
Sunday, December 7th
- Water polo. Depending on how we do against UCLA on Saturday, we will be playing at either 1:00 pm or 3:10 pm on Sunday. After the game on Saturday I will make an announcement about when we will be playing. I will also send out an additional email and post it on Facebook so everyone knows. If you can make either of those times, please fill out the RSVP form (above).
And that’s it for this week! I know we’re nearing the end of the quarter and it’s do or die time, but please try to make it as many events as possible! (I promise good things happen if you go to a lot of events) If you guys have any questions/concerns please let me or an officer know. ALSO, if you cannot make closet call time, but you need your instrument, please let your section leaders know!
Good Evening Pepband,
Why yes, I am quite aware that this is hella late. You can verify with people who saw me Saturday night. I died. BUT I CAME BACK FOR YOU. Well anywho, we only have one thing this week.
Tuesday, November 25th
- Rehearsal at 7:45 pm. We’ll be having one last rehearsal this week before you all go home to your families and enjoy the mountains of food they’re probably going to serve. (Let’s be honest, we just want someone to look after us again…) Make sure you come out and play with us! We need as much practice as we can get because our Men’s Water Polo team made it to the NCAA Championship! woooo. More information to come next weekend.
Hope to see all your lovely faces this week, but if I don’t I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! *cough* and Black Friday *cough*
Nancy “I have a midterm in less than 30 minutes” Acosta
I can’t believe it’s week 7 already! Time flies by really quickly. Anywho, we have things to do this week!
Tuesday, November 18th
- Rehearsal. Per the usual we’ll be having rehearsal in the Green Room at 7:45 pm.
Friday, November 21st
- HOCKEY!! Okay, I’m really excited for hockey because that means hot chocolate, warm sweaters, and yelling fantastic obscenities. This is a pretty late event, so make sure to catch your Z’s the night before. If you need stuff at the closet, meet time is 8:15 pm. Rides will be leaving from the loading dock at 8:30 pm. WOOO I hope you’re ready! The game will be held at KROC Center, and it should finish at around 11:00 pm.
Saturday, November 22nd
- Social Event. We will be having another social event this Saturday, so keep a lookout for another email.
Hope to see you guys at this week’s events. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me or another officer know.
Thank you to all of you who came to last week’s events. I know it gets tough to come out with all these dang midterms! So to make up for it, we have a REALLY easy week this time around.
Tuesday, November 11th
- Rehearsal. I know many of you will probably be taking the day off, but if you’re still itching to get some practice time in, we will be having an unofficial rehearsal. It’ll start promptly at 7:45 pm and be over by 9:00 pm :D
Friday, November 14th
- Founder’s Day Celebration. We were asked to open and close the Founder’s Day Celebration, but it’s is a bit weird! We will be playing two sets that are about 15 minutes long. The first one starts at 12:00 pm, and the second one starts at 1:30 pm. Because this is a large school event, I encourage all of you to come out There is always free food, so if you have the time, you can stick around and enjoy the other performances that happen between our sets. Call times before the sets are 11:45 am and 1:15 pm in Town Square (Triton Statue area/where the farmers’ market usually is). If you need something from the closet, meet time is 11:00 am.
- Bonfire! Later on Friday night we’ll be having out first bonfire of the year! (yaaay) We will be getting a pit at La Jolla Shores. If you need a ride (or can give rides), please meet at Sun God Lawn at 5:45 pm.
Saturday, November 15th
- Movie Night! In case you haven’t had enough of us yet (I mean, we’re pretty awesome), we will be having a movie night! We are still working on a reservation, but it’s going to be on campus. Come hang out for a bit, take a break, and come watch a movie or two with us This will be a potluck event, so please bring something to share! Also, I would recommend bringing blanket and/or pillows to get comfy. Movie start time will be 6:00 pm.
And that’s it for this week’s events. It’s a fun and relaxed week, so come out and play! Please make sure you guys make an attempt to go to the Founder’s Day Celebration (get some free stuff!). I hope to see you all this week!
I know midterms are in full gear right now, but please try to come to as many events as possible! This is a more busy week than usual.
Tuesday, November 4th
- Rehearsal. Come out to our regularly scheduled rehearsal! It starts at 7:45 pm
Thursday, November 6th
- Water Polo. Let’s go cheer on our Men’s Water Polo team. They will be playing CSU Long Beach. Closet meet time is at 5:00 pm, and call time at the pool is at 5:30 pm. Be sure to bundle up! It’s starting to get colder in the evenings.
Friday, November 7th
- EVENT TBA. Please keep an eye out for another email to come sometime this week (or today… we’re working on it )
Saturday November 8th
- Water Polo. Our Men’s Water Polo team will be playing UCI. Make sure you come out so we can show everyone which UC has the best pepband! (and water polo team, of course) This event is a bit earlier in the day because we have another team to cheer on! Closet meet time is 11:00 am and Pool call time is 11:30 am.
- Volleyball. Our Lady Tritons will be taking on Humboldt in the evening! Let’s go watch them kick some axe x) Closet meet time is 6:15 pm and call time is 6:30 pm
Well that’s it for this week’s events! As stated before, please be on the look out for another email about Friday’s events. If you cannot make the closet meet time for these events, please let your section leader or an officer know so we can get what you need from the closet. Also, if you have any questions/comments/concerns please let me or an officer know. <3