Hey all you lovely people,
I’m sending this email out a little early because I don’t want you guys to panic and freak out. But it’s almost time for Davis! ~ I hope you’ve been prepping your costumes. If not, you can still come help with decorations and make your costumes on Saturday at 12 pm. Here are next week’s events:
Tuesday, April 14th
- Sectionals 7:00pm @ Green Room.
- Rehearsal 7:45pm @ Green Room.
Thursday, April 16th
- Super Secret Surprise 9:00 pm @ Sun God Lawn. Come out to Sun God Lawn (at night). This event won’t take long, and it’s extremely important that you new kids go. You won’t want to miss it!
The packing list is as follows:
- 2 non-transparent, reusable water bottles (mandatory)
- Pepband t-shirt (no hawaiians)
- Instrument and music (print out what you need or talk to Corey)
- Warm Clothes, umbrella/poncho/trash bag (in case it rains)
- Comfortable Shoes (you’re gonna be standing all day)
- Flashlight or other light source
- $$ for a couple fast food meals and optional Battle of the Bands T-shirt. (bring about $40)
- 2 days worth of clothes
- Music for the ride
- DVDs for everyone on the bus to enjoy
- Day Pack
- Textbooks/homework (if you’re gonna be that person haha)
If you have class on Friday morning, you can still come. We’re planning on leaving as soon as the bus is packed up, so please be there before 11 am. I’ve attached an itinerary and room assignments for the weekend below.
If you guys have any questions/concerns, please ask one of the officers. Good luck finishing your costumes!
I hope you had a restful and awesome spring break! To help you get back into school mode we have an exciting and extremely busy week ahead of us.
Monday, March 30th
- Hilton Wake Up Call – We’ve been asked to be the wake up call for some kind of conference/meeting this being held at the Torrey Pines Hilton Hotel. The call time for rides (Sun God Lawn) is 6:30am sharp if you’re not there you will have gotten up for nothing. If you’re gonna just get yourself there, be there by 7am and try to be secretive! Don’t wear your hawaiians walking up to the place.
Tuesday, March 31st
- Sectional 7:00 pm, Green Room. This quarter the woodwinds will kick off the sectionals. It’s a perfect time to memorize the Davis theme!
- Rehearsal 7:45 pm, Green Room. These next few rehearsals we will be having are the most crucial! We will be practicing our intro, as well as other songs that are widely enjoyed at the Battle of the Bands
Thursday, April 2nd
- Women’s Water Polo. Closet Call time is 5:00 pm, if you have the opportunity, please help people move the drum equipment down to the pool. Otherwise call time is 5:30 pm at the Canyonview Pool.
Saturday, April 4th
- Triton Admit Day. Closet Call: 9:00 am. We will be moving around campus a lot so make sure you bring water and sunscreen! This is one of the days where everyone has a bunch of school spirit, all the clubs are out and trying to get freshmen to join before they’re even here (we’re doing that too haha) If you can’t make it on time get in contact with me or one of the officers, we’ll let you know where we are.
- Volleyball. Meet up time: 6:30 pm Let’s cheer on the guys for their last home game! (for realsies this time) against CSU Long Beach.
I hope to see a lot of you guys at this week’s events. Try to get in as much practice as possible before Davis! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask me or one of your section leaders/officers
I hope this quarter hasn’t been too rough for you. You’ve almost made it! We only have a few things this week to keep getting ready for Davis.
Tuesday, March 10
- Bonfire. This week instead of rehearsal we’ll be having a bonfire at La Jolla Shores. We will be serving some food! If you need a ride, please meet up at Sun God Lawn at 7:15 pm. Rides will start leaving soon after that.
Thursday, March 12th
- Women’s Water Polo. Our team will be taking on CSUN. Make sure you come out and help us cheer them on. Also, bring a sweater it tends to get a little chilly in the late afternoons/evenings. Closet time: 5:00 pm; Pool call time: 5:30 pm
Saturday, March 14th
- Davis Decorations. Don’t forget to come out and help us paint our Davis decorations We’ll need all the help we can get! We will be making decorations from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm so feel free to stop by at any point during those times.
As a reminder, please make sure you talk to Chelly about Davis (if you need to), and make sure you purchase anything you need for your costume over break. If I don’t get to see you guys this week, I hope you kick butt on finals!
Nancy “I go to bed early” Acosta
I hope you had fun at this weekend’s basketball games, and I hope you didn’t party too hard *cough* Amy *cough* because this week is spirit week! So here’s the lineup of this week’s events.
Tuesday, January 27th
- Woodwind sectional 7:00 pm green room. This week, it’s the woodwinds’ turn to get a little extra practice before rehearsal.
- Rehearsal 7:45 pm. We will be rehearsing for all the awesome spirit week events that we’re going to have
Wednesday, January 28th
- Kazoo Day at Geisel Library. If you have a little bit of time between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm, come out to the library and help us play the fight song on kazoos! (free kazoos will be distributed, so you do not have to bring your own)
- Union Bank Performance. It’s official: we sold out (to a bank). We’re playing at the grand opening of the new Union Bank in La Jolla Village Square. Closet call time is 4:30 pm. If you live on campus you can take the 201 bus and get off at the Ralphs stop. Otherwise meet at the loading dock at 5:00 pm if you want to get a ride. We will start warming up at 5:30 pm, so make sure you’re there on time!
Friday, January 30th
- Spirit night basketball games! This is one of the most attended sporting events of the school year, and it’s also one of our theme nights! Our traditional supa supa Hawaiian theme will continue this year! So dress up with grass skirts, leis, and whatever else seems Hawaiian and come out to the basketball games. This time call time will be a little earlier, 4:45 pm, for everyone to help decorate our area with a bunch of stuff!
- Also, keep an eye out from Amy about our alumni meet and greet!
Saturday, January 31st
- Alumni Beach Barbecue at La Jolla Shores. If you don’t get a chance to meet our fantastic alumni on Saturday night, come out and meet then at the beach barbecue. There will also be food and games! This event will begin at 1:00 pm. If you need rides, meet at Sun God Lawn by 12:30 pm
- We also have a basketball double header! Closet call time is 5:00 pm for the women’s game and 7:00 pm for the men’s game. If you go to the beach, we will have rides back for you! Please come out and support our teams
That’s it for the events. If you guys have any questions or concerns, please contact an officer or your section leaders. Here is the link to the attendance survey:
Please make sure you fill it out, it really helps us a lot. I hope to see all of you guys this week!
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/pepband-event-l and enter your address in the “Unsubscribe or edit options” field.
Failing that, e-mail the webmaster at email@example.com.