- Rehearsal. So this week we’re gonna try something a little different. We will be bringing in all the songs that have recently been arranged and we will be playing through all of them and deciding whether or not we want them in the book! (it’s a group vote) This is why you bring water. (or milk?) So rehearsal will be starting right at 7:45 pm. Make sure you’re there!
- Holiday Dinner. As is tradition, we will be hosting our annual Holiday Dinner party on Friday night. Amy sent out an email with all the details (So I hope you got it!). Make sure you guys are all dressed up and ready to take loads of pictures. Also make sure that you bring something to share.
- Water polo. This year our school was chosen to host the NCAA Championship and because of how good our men’s team is, we are also competing in it! So we have been asked by athletics to bring the spirit! Our first game is against UCLA on Saturday at 1:00 pm. If you need stuff from the closet, please be there at 12:00 pm, other wise meet at the pool at 12:30 pm. If you guys aren’t there by call time then we can’t guarantee you an entrance. This is mostly because it is going to be an extremely crowded game. We are also limited to how many people can get in, so please fill out the RSVP form so that we can make sure to save you a seat!
Sunday, December 7th
- Water polo. Depending on how we do against UCLA on Saturday, we will be playing at either 1:00 pm or 3:10 pm on Sunday. After the game on Saturday I will make an announcement about when we will be playing. I will also send out an additional email and post it on Facebook so everyone knows. If you can make either of those times, please fill out the RSVP form (above).
Good Evening Pepband,
- Rehearsal at 7:45 pm. We’ll be having one last rehearsal this week before you all go home to your families and enjoy the mountains of food they’re probably going to serve. (Let’s be honest, we just want someone to look after us again…) Make sure you come out and play with us! We need as much practice as we can get because our Men’s Water Polo team made it to the NCAA Championship! woooo. More information to come next weekend.
I can’t believe it’s week 7 already! Time flies by really quickly. Anywho, we have things to do this week!
Tuesday, November 18th
- Rehearsal. Per the usual we’ll be having rehearsal in the Green Room at 7:45 pm.
Friday, November 21st
- HOCKEY!! Okay, I’m really excited for hockey because that means hot chocolate, warm sweaters, and yelling fantastic obscenities. This is a pretty late event, so make sure to catch your Z’s the night before. If you need stuff at the closet, meet time is 8:15 pm. Rides will be leaving from the loading dock at 8:30 pm. WOOO I hope you’re ready! The game will be held at KROC Center, and it should finish at around 11:00 pm.
Saturday, November 22nd
- Social Event. We will be having another social event this Saturday, so keep a lookout for another email.
Hope to see you guys at this week’s events. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me or another officer know.
- Rehearsal. I know many of you will probably be taking the day off, but if you’re still itching to get some practice time in, we will be having an unofficial rehearsal. It’ll start promptly at 7:45 pm and be over by 9:00 pm :D
- Founder’s Day Celebration. We were asked to open and close the Founder’s Day Celebration, but it’s is a bit weird! We will be playing two sets that are about 15 minutes long. The first one starts at 12:00 pm, and the second one starts at 1:30 pm. Because this is a large school event, I encourage all of you to come out There is always free food, so if you have the time, you can stick around and enjoy the other performances that happen between our sets. Call times before the sets are 11:45 am and 1:15 pm in Town Square (Triton Statue area/where the farmers’ market usually is). If you need something from the closet, meet time is 11:00 am.
- Bonfire! Later on Friday night we’ll be having out first bonfire of the year! (yaaay) We will be getting a pit at La Jolla Shores. If you need a ride (or can give rides), please meet at Sun God Lawn at 5:45 pm.
- Movie Night! In case you haven’t had enough of us yet (I mean, we’re pretty awesome), we will be having a movie night! We are still working on a reservation, but it’s going to be on campus. Come hang out for a bit, take a break, and come watch a movie or two with us This will be a potluck event, so please bring something to share! Also, I would recommend bringing blanket and/or pillows to get comfy. Movie start time will be 6:00 pm.
- Rehearsal. Come out to our regularly scheduled rehearsal! It starts at 7:45 pm
- Water Polo. Let’s go cheer on our Men’s Water Polo team. They will be playing CSU Long Beach. Closet meet time is at 5:00 pm, and call time at the pool is at 5:30 pm. Be sure to bundle up! It’s starting to get colder in the evenings.
- EVENT TBA. Please keep an eye out for another email to come sometime this week (or today… we’re working on it )
Saturday November 8th
- Water Polo. Our Men’s Water Polo team will be playing UCI. Make sure you come out so we can show everyone which UC has the best pepband! (and water polo team, of course) This event is a bit earlier in the day because we have another team to cheer on! Closet meet time is 11:00 am and Pool call time is 11:30 am.
- Volleyball. Our Lady Tritons will be taking on Humboldt in the evening! Let’s go watch them kick some axe x) Closet meet time is 6:15 pm and call time is 6:30 pm
- Athletics Performance Request. This Tuesday morning is the secret performance for our new vice chancellor, Juan Gonzalez. Make sure you are at the Price Center West Green Room BEFORE 8:45 am. They are serving us breakfast too! The performance is scheduled to last like 5-10 minutes and it starts at 9:00 am, so you will be able to make it to your 9:30 class on time We will be getting instruments Monday (tomorrow) night, so if you need yours please let an officer/your section leader know. There will also be a post in the Facebook group.This is a really important performance guys, as they’re the people who help fund everything we do, so please make an effort to come out!
- Rehearsal. Tuesday night we’ll have rehearsal as usual, and we will have a few announcements for you concerning the rest of the week. It’s at 7:45 pm :)
- Halloween Volleyball game. Come cheer on our women’s volleyball team. Make sure you’re in costume too! If you need to get stuff from the closet, make sure that you are there at 6:15 pm. Otherwise, meet at the bleachers at 6:30 pm.
- Afterwards, stick around for our Halloween social. Amy will be sending out an email about that sometime soon. Keep an eye out for it!
- Volleyball game. Our Lady Tritons are going in for another round, this time against Sonoma State. Let’s cheer them on and hope they sweep! Call times are the same as the Friday game.
Good luck with midterms, and come out to as many things as possible. I can’t wait to see all your guys’ costumes! If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me or any other officer or myself know.
- Rehearsal. Definitely come out to rehearsal, as we’ll be practicing and memorizing parade songs and dancing around. Get yo’ sauntering on! (: Rehearsal starts at 7:45 pm.
- Earl’s 21st Birthday. HDH has asked us to play at Earl’s 21st birthday (the market). We might even have King Triton to back us up! So bring your pep and get ready for mocktails and free food. Closet Call Time: 1:00 pm. Meet up outside Earl’s at 1:30 pm.
- BOO PARADE! One of my favorite events of the year! Make sure you’re all dressed up (this is serious, get/make a Halloween costume; NO HAWAIIANS/PEPSHIRTS) and ready to saunter down the street. If you are on campus and need a ride, please meet at Sun God Lawn/Faculty Club parking at 8:00 am. If you are not there by the time we depart at 8:15 am, WE WILL LEAVE YOU. If you need a ride and DO NOT live on campus, answer the Facebook poll accordingly, and we will schedule a pick up for you!
- If you are only driving yourself, we are Unit Number 18, which puts us on El Cerrito Dr. This location is between Madison and El Cajon Drive.
- TO ALL DRIVERS: I highly recommend parking on side streets! If you arrive early enough you may park at the College Ave Baptist Church. Please make sure you’re there before 8:45 am. After that your car will not be able to get to our location (flying cars excluded).
Nancy “you better have a costume” Acosta
- Rehearsal as usual. We’ll be looking at some new music (if you didn’t see the Facebook post). Also, This rehearsal will be the last chance to get your Supa Hawaiian Package, which includes a Hawaiian shirt, a pepband shirt, a book, and a music bag all for the low price of $40!!!! Otherwise each thing individually is $20, $15, $10, and $5 respectively. (If you need to set up some sort of payment plan, please talk to Chelly!)
- Water polo game! Our boys are playing again, so let’s go cheer them on against Cal Baptist! Closet call time is 5:00 pm, so if you need anything from the closet and can’t make it there in time, then let an officer or section leader know, and we’ll get it for you. Call time (at the pool) is 5:30 pm. Make sure you get there on time so we can be tuned up to play the national anthem!
- In-n-out and laser tag! We’re inviting you all to go to laser tag with us after the water polo game. If you can’t make it to the game for some reason, contact me about a ride or meet us there at around 10:30 pm.
UCSD Pepband Manager
Hey guuuuuysss !
I hope you all had fun last week, this week is much more chill (as the rest of the quarter will be).
Tuesday, October 7th
Rehearsal at 7:45 pm, the usuaaal. We will be in the green room, for realsies this time (hopefully) Your officers will have a lot of announcements to make at this rehearsal, so make sure you come!
Friday, October 10th
Volleyball, let’s go support our ladies volleyball team! closet meet time 6:15 pm. call time 6:30 pm. It’s super important that you make it on time to call time because, we normally play the national anthem. (so we need to warm up and stuff beforehand!)
Saturday, October 11th
MOAR VOLLEYBALL, Same thing as Friday, come out and support our Lady Tritons (they’re one of the few athletics teams that acknowledges us) we <3 them
closet time 6:15 pm
call time 6:30 pm
And that’s it for next week’s events! As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns don’t hesitate to ask me or any of the officers!
UCSD Pepband Manager