I hope you had fun at this weekend’s basketball games, and I hope you didn’t party too hard *cough* Amy *cough* because this week is spirit week! So here’s the lineup of this week’s events.
Tuesday, January 27th
- Woodwind sectional 7:00 pm green room. This week, it’s the woodwinds’ turn to get a little extra practice before rehearsal.
- Rehearsal 7:45 pm. We will be rehearsing for all the awesome spirit week events that we’re going to have
Wednesday, January 28th
- Kazoo Day at Geisel Library. If you have a little bit of time between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm, come out to the library and help us play the fight song on kazoos! (free kazoos will be distributed, so you do not have to bring your own)
- Union Bank Performance. It’s official: we sold out (to a bank). We’re playing at the grand opening of the new Union Bank in La Jolla Village Square. Closet call time is 4:30 pm. If you live on campus you can take the 201 bus and get off at the Ralphs stop. Otherwise meet at the loading dock at 5:00 pm if you want to get a ride. We will start warming up at 5:30 pm, so make sure you’re there on time!
Friday, January 30th
- Spirit night basketball games! This is one of the most attended sporting events of the school year, and it’s also one of our theme nights! Our traditional supa supa Hawaiian theme will continue this year! So dress up with grass skirts, leis, and whatever else seems Hawaiian and come out to the basketball games. This time call time will be a little earlier, 4:45 pm, for everyone to help decorate our area with a bunch of stuff!
- Also, keep an eye out from Amy about our alumni meet and greet!
Saturday, January 31st
- Alumni Beach Barbecue at La Jolla Shores. If you don’t get a chance to meet our fantastic alumni on Saturday night, come out and meet then at the beach barbecue. There will also be food and games! This event will begin at 1:00 pm. If you need rides, meet at Sun God Lawn by 12:30 pm
- We also have a basketball double header! Closet call time is 5:00 pm for the women’s game and 7:00 pm for the men’s game. If you go to the beach, we will have rides back for you! Please come out and support our teams
That’s it for the events. If you guys have any questions or concerns, please contact an officer or your section leaders. Here is the link to the attendance survey:
Please make sure you fill it out, it really helps us a lot. I hope to see all of you guys this week!
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/pepband-event-l and enter your address in the “Unsubscribe or edit options” field.
Failing that, e-mail the webmaster at email@example.com.
I hope you guys had a great first week, and hopefully school hasn’t gotten too hard yet. (it’s only week 2) This week is a little different from all our other weeks so PLEASE
pay attention to this week’s changes.
WEDNESDAY, January 14th
- REHEARSAL. (ZOmg, rehearsal on Wednesday). Due to some scheduling conflicts, we’ll be having rehearsal this week on Wednesday. It’ll be at the green room at 8:00 pm. We’re scheduled right after another meeting, so if you arrive early please wait to go in, or check it out and make sure no one is in there. A reminder will also be posted on the Facebook page and website.
Friday, January 16th
- Hockey! Have some steam built up even though it’s only week 2? Get ready to let it all out at the hockey game! >:D Please meet at the closet at 7:45 pm. We will be leaving at 8:20 pm sharp. If you think you’re going to be late, text one of the officers so that we can leave a car behind. (these spots are limited)
Sunday, January 18th
- MLK Parade. We have yet to receive all of the concrete details, but keep checking your emails. Your PR Manager, Natalie, will send out an email with details on pick-up/drop-off locations as well as addresses for those of you who want to drive on your own.
That’s it for this week! Please keep a lookout for any extra/special announcements on the Facebook group page. If you’re not a part of that page, contact one of the officers. We’ll add you to it.
It’s time to celebrate that one great dude who had a dream. The annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade is Sunday, Jan 18, so come out and march with us!
CLOSET TIME: 11 am @ Closet
CALL-TIME: 11:30 am @ Sungod Lawn
PARADE START TIME: 2pm along Harbor Drive, Embarcadero (downtown SD)
UCSD is providing us with free transportation, so meet up on Sungod lawn if you plan on using that. If, for some reason, you are taking your own transportation, more info on directions/parking can be found here: http://mlkday.ucsd.edu/?p=parade
In any case, be sure to get to the parade lineup at 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA, 92101
. Find the blue/yellow balloons, and we’ll be there.
We’ll be getting back in late afternoon, dropped off at Sungod lawn. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you there!
Hello UCSD Pepband!
I hope you guys had a great break, but now it’s time to get back to business. Before I continue with this week’s events, I wanted to announce the new thing that we’re doing to celebrate you guys. As some of you may know, we have an instagram and twitter (follow us @UCSDpepband) and we’re gonna be recognizing some of you on there! If you don’t want to be featured, please contact our assistant manager, Amy Pan. Now onto the events!
Tuesday, January 6th
- Triton Jam. We’ll be getting introduced to our basketball teams, getting free food, and maybe win prizes? Anywho, call time is 7:00 pm at the closet.
Friday and Saturday, January 9th and 10th
- Basketball double header. Most of our events from here on out will be double headers - two basketball games back to back. The women’s game will be first and call time is 5:30 pm; the men’s game call time is 7:30 pm. Try to make it out to as many of the games as possible!
To reiterate, we will not be having rehearsal on Tuesday, just Triton Jam!
See you guys soon!
Just as a reminder, we do not have rehearsal this week! (or any other playing events for that matter)
Instead we have a White Elephant gift exchange tomorrow when we would normally have rehearsal. If you come, make sure you bring a gift of $10 or less. There is a Facebook post with more information about what a white elephant gift is, but if you still don’t understand, here’s a youtube video that explains the process:
Good luck with finals, happy holidays, and I hope to see you this week!